Sunday, September 14, 2008

Boy Problems

Well I think I’m reaching the end of my rope with my boyfriend. We talked tonight but all he talked about was his drunken, drugged-up friends. This is really not a hot topic with me. I really wish I wasn’t so sensitive to people talking about drunkenness, but it really makes me uncomfortable. Also I think I made a mistake that spelled doom for our relationship. I mentioned that I don’t get along with my family at all, which wasn’t horrible. But then I was an idiot and went on to add that I hate my parents because I believe that they live vicariously through me and that they hate all the decisions that I make. I didn’t tell him about the abuse or the denial, which would have been way too much. Tonight I also mentioned that I’m starting group therapy on Wednesday. I guess that’s a conversation killer for him, just like drinking is for me. Taste of his own medicine, much? But the worst part is that I’ve been comparing him to my former boyfriend/friend with benefit. See, the nice thing about my former boyfriend was that, even though I didn’t bring up emotional issues with him too much, he actually understood more or less what I was going through. He also has a mood disorder (bipolar) and has problems with his biological father. Although I highly doubt we would ever get back together as a couple, as we have most recently been friends with benefits. I don’t care. I don’t even want a boyfriend right now. I haven’t wanted one for the past year either. Why is it that boyfriends always come into your life when you DON’T want them? It’s so annoying.

No comments: