Sunday, June 8, 2008

Child Free Me!!!

I will never have a child.  Ever.  If a guy tries to sway me otherwise, he is trying to doom me to unhappiness and confinement.  I'm 19, a legal adult.  I have not wanted children since I was 15.  (I did, however, have a small stint where I agreed to have a kid.  End story, guy wasn't worth it and I am BEYOND HAPPY to be free from such an agreement.)  My complaint is tubal ligation doctors.  I have done reading on the subject of tubal ligation, and the general concensus that I find is that these doctors have no faith in women.  They think that women will find their beloved biological clock, want to reverse their tubal, and sue if they can't get pregnant again.  While I'm sure that happens sometimes, I don't think it happens enough for doctors to prohibit women under the age of 30 from getting tubals.  While I think I need a little more time before I get my tubal, I don't want to be turned down because of the fact that I'm 22 (when I'm planning to get snipped).  I think that it should be easier for women under 30 to get tubals.  These ladies are mature.  I'm sure many have held on to the childfree lifestyle for years.  Many have supportive husbands/boyfriends.  It seems like doctors will be more likely to operate on women who have had children.  I don't think that how many children a woman has should play a part in the process of obtaining a tubal.

By the way, women who have gotten a tubal and decide they want a child should adopt.  It's so much better for the environment.  The world is already overpopulated.  Why would you bring in yet another sprog into the world for the sheer purpose of genetics?  Why does the damn kid have to look like you?  That's just so selfish to me.

No comments: