Sunday, June 15, 2008

Cutting

Occasionally, I cut. I cut when situations get so bad I start crying uncontrollably. I use a nail cleaner, those little hooks that swing out from nail clippers, to get my high. It works super well because it's sharp enough to break skin and inflict pain, but it's blunt enough to only break the top layer of skin, not drawing blood. I get the best feeling from cutting. I get instant calm. I stop crying and start breathing normally. Apparently cutting releases endorphins. I know, a lot of other things release endorphins too, but this is instant. Cut for a few seconds, feel relief as soon as the metal leaves your skin. Cutting has always been a fairly positive thing in my experience. I don't cut deep, so there's really no medical harm involved. Before cutting I'm an uncontrollable, weeping mess. After cutting, I'm calm and my mind is cleared. There's really nothing like it. I don't see why it has to be such taboo.

No comments: